Friday, August 10, 2007

The time is drawing near

In exactly two days from the time I am writing this, I will be preparing to load a plane to Washington D. C. Once in D. C., I will have less than 90 minutes to navigate the treacherous bowels of our capital's airport in order to jump on a short little plane to Frankfurt, Germany. Upon arriving in Frankfurt, I am hoping to still have the full 80 minutes I am scheduled in order to slide onto my final departure to Cairo, Egypt.

It finally hit me on the way home from Abilene this last week, how much different this year will be. I left behind (in Abilene) the people for whom I have worked for four years. On top of that, some of the things I would normaly have taken care of did not get taken care of, creating a bit of a disappointing mess. I was hoping for a relaxing, less than adventurous week. I got most of the less than adventurous part though there have been a few less than relaxing events (mentally and emotionally). Regardless, the excitement of this journey is overwhelming.

Not finished. Will return later.

No comments: