Monday, November 5, 2007

Turmoil

I've only a few minutes to write in order to meet my self-appointed bed time, so I will make an effort to be brief.


Rest defeated by a scourging mind is not rest at all. Harassed by the perceived need to accomplish even the minutest of tasks (which most of mine are), I scarcely find the usual joy in even just studying the Scriptures. Rest is minimal from the dogged, nagging tease of the full completion of a task. This is not a format my brain finds comfortable, typically due to its lack of task-inclined adjustment. "Learning and/or, more properly, growth requires stress," serves me as a daily reminder. Refinement solicits fire, and does anyone really want to walk through fire. Not even Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego choose to walk through the fire, however with faith like blazed by a kiln, these men stepped out onto something they could not tangibly touch nor visibly see.

Though it seems to downplay the importance of that story, my only solace resides in the recollection of this ancient faith. This must be preparing me for something greater. And if not me, the let the faith of the masses be inclined towards my God. His name be the glory I seek every day, in thought, word, and action.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Proud of you Kyle. Thank you for keeping us (me) updated in your blog. Your prayer business card is tacked to my bulletin board above my desk. I pray for you whenever I see it.

May God's ears and eyes be inclined to you.

Peace of Christ,
steve

Jason said...

You need to get a new post not named "Turmoil." I keep looking over here and freaking out because I think something bad has happened. Help us simpletons.